I run facilitated workshops on communication, marketing, problem-solving, strategy and team building to help your team become more effective. Tell me what your team’s challenges are, and I’ll design a workshop to enable them to think, learn and solve problems together.
I’m also an accredited Belbin Team Roles trainer. I can work with your team to help them understand their own team roles and each others’, to explore their different strengths and ultimately, to work together more effectively.
Case study: Information Systems Service Desk; team-building away day.
The team’s manager identified a number of areas for improvement:
- overall teamwork
- taking ownership of their work
- feeling authoritative enough to solve their own problems
- sharing calls effectively
I designed an all-day workshop for them in which the team:
- explored differences in the team members’ behaviours and working practices
- performed individual SWOT analyses to see how to better exploit their strengths
- examined the realities of what was happening with team calls and what the issues were
- worked together to come up with possible solutions, drawing on their different strengths
- chose their favourite ideas and decided which they could start implementing immediately
Comments from attendees:
“Really enjoyed it, lots of good points for discussion and creative thinking – I also understand my team now!”
“What was most useful about the event: getting to know how others think/work and why they are like that.”